SAVE THE DATE… Saturday 12 November for the annual Life West Batons Up Fundraiser – which is set to be bigger, better and much more fun to be had.
A couple of important changes to note:
- The dinner will be a formal 3-course catered affair
- Early Bird Dinner Ticket prices set at $50
- $50 price will include open bar & 1 x raffle ticket
- Door Sales set at $60 but this will not include a raffle ticket so be in quick to get your tickets (limited)
- Raffle tickets remain at $20 each
- Formal dress at the event
How does a Batons Up Fundraiser work?
A Batons Up is a raffle prize draw event where tickets are sold at $20 each and every ticket is re-entered into every draw.
- Each ticket will be re-entered into every prize draw
- A full prize list will be advertised prior to the event and at the event itself
- All tickets will be drawn during the event and the winning number will be noted by a draw official
- When a person’s ticket number is drawn the winner will then go up to the prize table where there will be a selection of numbered envelopes
- Each envelope holds a written card that details what prize they have won
- The winner will then selec
t an envelope number which is then passed to the MC
- The MC will then announce the winner and what that person has won
- The MC will then ensure the winners ticket is returned to the raffle barrel before the new draw is made
- A new raffle ticket number will be drawn and will continue until all prizes have been drawn
Useful information to know
- There will be in excess of 100-150 prize draws on the night
- Therefore there is over 100-150 chances to win a prize… more if you buy multiple raffle tickets
- Some draws will be for cash prizes that must be claimed on the night
- Some prizes are valued at over $5000
- Prizes normally include vacations trips, gift vouchers, goods & services and high end retail brands
- All ticket numbers will be noted by an official draw keeper
- All prizes will be won on the night therefore all tickets must be presented to claim prize (envelope)
- A detailed list of
- Open Bar and music will be going all night
- We will have other mini ‘spot’ raffles during the event
The Batons Up Event
The Dinner & Raffle Event will be held at Life West, in the new Standard Process Assembly Hall, which has a 900-person capacity. We estimate to have approximately 600 people in attendance.
A wishing well will be set up at the event for those wanting to show their love and support via a pledge donation.
6:00pm Doors Open: Happy Hour & Mixer (Open Bar) / Silent Auction items will be on display & available
7:00pm Dinner consisting of 3-course meal with live music background entertainment
7:50pm MC announces “House Rules” for the Raffle Draws including Spot Raffles
8:00pm Batons Up Raffle Draws commence
8:30pm High Value Prize “Live Auction”
8:45pm Batons Up Raffle Draws recommence
9:30pm Last Raffle Draws completed / Silent Auction Winners announced / Acknowledgements and Live Band!
12:00am Last Call at Bar
What are the costs?
The Event / Dinner Ticket price is $50 which includes 3-course meal, an open bar (including non-alcoholic beverages) and one Raffle Ticket to enter into all draws.
Raffle Ticket price is $20.